In this episode, Nathan and Jen talk about freaky ways that the world works, lyrics posted on corners, and another example of crazy. They also bring you bands and artists from Belgium.
As you can see, this is Episode thirteen of Season Five of Halfway Around the World, which means this episode marks the end of the season. As always, the show will go on a hiatus for a few months, and return, with Season Six, in August of 2013. Please return to check out the awesome music that Nathan and Jen will share with you in the upcoming season.
You can read Jen’s review of Freakonomics that she wrote for the Book Sandwich channel at No Market.
Check out Halfway Around the World on Stitcher.
Take the Halfway Around the World Listener Survey. Tell us what you think about every little part of the show, and you could win a $25 iTunes gift card! Fill out the survey before this season of Halfway Around the World ends.
Music in this episode:
* Pocket In Red, with a song called “Free Again” (Jen’s selection)
* Nabil Khazzaka, with a song called “I Need Girls” (Jen’s selection)
* Secret Wish, with a song called “Ivory Tower” (Jen’s selection)
* Willy’s Big Bang Theory Magic Review, with a song called “Crazy Town” (Nathan’s selection)
* Banda Basura, with a song called “Got a Right to Know” (Nathan’s selection)
* Romy Conzen, with a song called “Into the Light” (Nathan’s selection)
In Music News:
* Michelle Shocked protests cancelled gig in a bizarre way
This news came from Ace Showbiz.
* A website where musicians review other musicians albums
It is called The Talkhouse.
* Rap quotes posted in the form of official looking street signs
This news came from Boing Boing.
The theme music for this podcast is a sample taken from “Someone You Don’t Know” by Duwende.
Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )